Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Come on You Stinker!

In an effort to demonstrate that I am more than a one-dimensional character, I share this real life anecdote:
A grandmother was withdrawing some cash from the ATM with her grandson.  The child was anxiously pressing buttons interfering with her activity.  "Now Johnny, don't press any buttons", she mildly chided him.  "But how come you're pressing buttons!" he replied.  "Because I need to withdraw some money, but I need to press the right buttons and only those buttons." she explained. "But whyyyy?" he implored in that faintly whiny, but endearing tone of an earnestly inquisitive 5 year old.  "Now just wait Johnny...." she implored.  A few seconds of near silence followed pierced by the electronic tones of a few buttons being pressed leading to a fruitless transaction.  The lady muttered "Oh dear...." to which the child took to scolding the machine:  "COME ON YOU STINKER!!!"

I couldn't have said it better myself kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home